View Single Post
Old 2022-11-03, 12:29   Link #21
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Seeing some phoby in everything like they do is not healthy and 'too US'. And there are a bunch of sites writing better reviews IMHO. But each their own.
I don't doubt it, but do any of these places review everything in a season consistently though? Also, some links would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
They do a fair job when it comes to actual news like cast announcements and release dates. On the other hand, I completely concur that their reviews are an absolute joke when it comes to movies; one look at how they handle movie reviews, and it's clear there's no effort put in at all to even understand what the film was aiming to accomplish. There's too much academic jargon (as if that made anyone sound smarter and more credible) and it does come across as trying to criticise a movie for the sake of being critical.
I've found their reviews to be a more of a mixed bag myself. A lot of them are terrible, true but some others are not so bad. Most of their reviewers don't seem to have a good grasp on how to conduct criticism properly.

The problem is that the anime review scene, apart from a few scattered Anitubers is so hilariously bad that ANN really is the best game in town.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote