View Single Post
Old 2022-10-20, 07:47   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Really? Shame. I know I'm still on that ship since way ba k when, but i would have liked to know your thoughts from an overall point of view so far, but oh well....
Well, if you really want to know I more or less agree with the first reply you quoted. Chako isn't actually in love with Reiji. She saw him as beneath her all this time, and only started looking his way when she found out he banged an idol. Then she became obsessed with proving she was "better". Remember how much she gloated when they saw Nagi on a magazine and she thought she was forever out of Reiji's reach, only to later find out Nagi went out of her way to visit him at the hospital which made her seethe hard. What she's feeling is maybe 60% jealousy, 30% misplaced pride, and 10% love.

I used to like her a lot but ever since she went down that path, she lost all her kind childhood friend appeal. Now she's ordinary.

In comparison, Nagi has the "mysterious" and out of reach appeal, Yuko has the bewitching evil beauty appeal, and Shiba has the batshit crazy but well meaning appeal.