View Single Post
Old 2022-10-17, 20:59   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose it's no shock that the next big bad would be more than capable of taking down an Espada with ease. Halibel just keeps to be around to let various characters take a turn in defeating her.

The situation definitely already has a good tension to it. A ton of people killed even if they weren't named characters is good at setting the tone. Hueco Mundo is a disaster zone. Can't wait for next week. Haven't really seen what these guys are capable of yet. I wouldn't be shocked if Ichigo has a really tough time. Got to set up the next main enemy as a dangerous one.

Another great episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new OP is great! I guess this cour is going to go further than I had anticipated. I didn't check how many chapters this one adapted, the previous one covered 5 of them. Now that they don't have to worry about catching up to the manga, they can pace the show properly.

Bit of a shame they didn't actually show Halibel fight the big bad, but they still showed more than the manga.

I'm going to keep it as vague as I can, but his funeral hit different after the first (and so far, only) chapter of the Hell arc.

It was a bit weird to see Ichigo and friends so depressed since their only interaction with him in the entire series was Ichigo one shotting him.
Even if they didn't know Sasakibe particularly well, I'd say hearing that over 100 Soul Reapers were slaughtered would be sobering enough to put everyone on edge. Sure they likely didn't spend much time with anyone in the first division, but that's a massacre. Easy enough to be in a bad space.