View Single Post
Old 2022-10-12, 23:53   Link #73
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I dunno if I buy the aunt theory just yet. If she did take Reiji from somewhere, that wouldn't explain why their features are so similar(according to a few chars). If Kazu's dad was so belligerent when he found out Reiji wasn't his, then at the very least, Yuko would have had signs that she was pregnant. Else, how could she deceive him for so long? Just showing up outta nowhere with a kid or baby is definitely not something I could believe happened. Then there's the name Reiji. If he was born with someone else, how'd she change the name?

I wouldn't count out the brother until the mystery of the "uncle" from chp 86 gets cleared up. It's still possible she had an affair during the marriage just so she could give birth.

Ofc it is possible that Yuko having sex at such a young age who knows how many times might prevent her from having children now. Then she claims Kazu dad might be impotent, but he was able to have a child which shows he's not. So I'm believing the aunt theory as a possibility at least, but not sold on it just yet.

On a random note, that pained expression on Yuko's face just before the "absurd" panel... starting to put me back into the "sympathy for Yuko" camp again. But Yuko has been known to lie, so I too wonder how much of what she said to Kazu was true. The same thing that happened to Uryu happened to Kazu's dad; a seeming nice guy eventually turns into a violent person. The common thread is only Yuko, so I feel there is still something she left out that explains the behavior change. But the expression on her face tells me she is reflecting on something very sorrowful, so that makes me wonder if it was something out of her control. I could go on and on, back and forth.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote