View Single Post
Old 2022-10-06, 10:42   Link #90
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
First of all, if you think this Gundam is for children I think you might need to wait until later into the series before you make that assumption. Also, when you're introvert (like me) and did not have any other human association except for her mother. It is going to be hard to interact with other people (I still have that problem and I about to turn 43 tomorrow) especially kids her age (when she was in the cockpit, she spoke normally versus when she is not in the cockpit).

But I really like this take on Gundam, it is out of the box and gives homage to Utena (very good series). I like to see where this series goes.
I remember the Utena anime being quite "surreal" and I doubt this show is going to use that or the general "fantasy" mood.

Anyway, I wonder if the Prologue was added a bit later in the overall planning, partly to give some background so that we feel sympathy for the MC and her side and also partly to set viewer expectations correctly. If you only watch ep 1 and not ep 0 then you might guess that the rest of the series will be more of the same but with ep 0 it does provide a reasonable expectation that things will get darker and the setting will expand far beyond "high school hijinks".
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote