View Single Post
Old 2022-10-05, 19:32   Link #85
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
So far, nothing in the novel is particularly important. It's just some background info on Suletta's time at Mercury and most of it is not relevent yet. None of it is needed to understand or even enjoy the first episode, I certainly didn't need it having watched it first before reading it.
I see. Well its not as if I didn't enjoy the episode, but rather, was just confused at the lack of restrictions from a general perspective, especially in regards to the other Gundam series I've seen as a whole.

Quote:
That said, I'd argue Episode 1 did skip on some world building a first episode might usually done because it was already done in the Prologue. While the Prologue has a very different feel to Episode 1, it is definitely required watching and is meant to be the real starting point of the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Episode 0 is the prologue. It has been out for a while and it's really good. It's pretty different than episode 1 too, really different tone and such.
Ah, makes sense. Definitely felt like I missed some info after reading the last couple of pages here, so I'll definitely go back and check it out before watching ep 2 at least. Appreciate the insights =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote