View Single Post
Old 2022-10-05, 19:14   Link #84
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Oh, definitely this. If a <source> reader has to use <source> material to explain the details to this extent, then the anime lacks information. Of course, it is still early, but I prefer for the anime to tell me this stuff; y'know, experience it firsthand, with the only exception being minor details from the same time frame as the anime, but omitted for whatever reason.

Did notice there was an ep 00 I somehow missed, so I'll have to go back and watch(though I doubt it'd nullify my previous thoughts for ep1)
So far, nothing in the novel is particularly important. It's just some background info on Suletta's time at Mercury and most of it is not relevent yet. None of it is needed to understand or even enjoy the first episode, I certainly didn't need it having watched it first before reading it.

That said, I'd argue Episode 1 did skip on some world building a first episode might have usually done because it was in the Prologue. While the Prologue has a very different feel to Episode 1, it is definitely required watching and is meant to be the real starting point of the show.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2022-10-05 at 19:26.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote