View Single Post
Old 2022-10-05, 04:15   Link #70
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
MC just breaks the restraints on her mobile suit, yet receives no punishment whatsoever.
We dont know what the rules are, if any. We don't even know whether the other mobile suits have any restraints either. They certainly are shown capable of doing a lot of damage.

The bigger problem for Suletta is that she's outed her mobile suit as a Gundam, with at least one person confirming to know. Gundams are pretty much illegal in general. The episode ends after the battle ends so we probably will see consequences of that in later episodes.

Considering the duels can have huge political ramifications outside the school, I wouldn't be surprised if death in battle is an allowed possibility. We had a bombing assassination/political coup called off because of Suletta's victory. The corporate groups certainly value results and even sent in a strike team to kill everyone in Ochs Corporation in the Prologue, so I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed deaths in the duels in the institute their heirs go to.