View Single Post
Old 2022-10-04, 18:38   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
What's the deal with the two discussion threads? With the exact same opening comment(Anime discussion and General Discussion threads)?

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode for what it was, though the beginning parts have me a bit puzzled in terms of the hierarchy of the students. MC just breaks the restraints on her mobile suit, yet receives no punishment whatsoever. Even if its "just" a training school for various mobile suit departments, there still should be some level of discipline, but hell, its hard to tell the students from the actual adult faculty(if there was any). Then having a duel fall into a zone with the students, putting them in danager... its just not what I expect from your typical Gundam series; Classroom of the Elite/Kakegurui-esque student governing I guess( least, at a glance).

MC herself was, well, cute, but stern in her beliefs. I really like the contrast of her bumbling speech patterns mixed with standing up for herself and others. Gives her a unique feeling, especially for this kind of setting. Other chars I don't have feelings for yet, so no comment(other than former fiancee being an a-hole).

Well at least the combat and the battle music(reminded me of MGS 5) was pretty good stuff. Will certainly stick around to see more of the combat and MC's personality.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote