View Single Post
Old 2022-10-03, 04:28   Link #50
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Not sure where to post this on Animesuki as there's are anime episode and general discussion threads, but seems like both threads have responses.

Anyways, I am visually and "audio-ly" impressed. I was not into the Iron Blood Orphans series so for me, I had a longer break from Gundam than most viewers.

First of all, I appreciate having the Episode 0 come out a few months prior. It really set the tone for who our Mercurian Witch is. I just didn't expect her to be a bumbling socially awkward girl who looked like Ed from Cowboy Bebop.

The first episode looked so good and the background soundtrack really gave me vibes of danger, space, mission, and the duels. I was pleasantly reminded of anime/characters from Gundam Build Divers (when the screen showed the duel VS screens), Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (concept of halting everything to accommodate duels, and turning the landscape into a virtual duel field), and even Ace Attorney Apollo Justice (the guy checking with the "duelists" on the roster changes looked like Klavier Gavin).

We see some political maneuvers being put into action (and halted) by the result of the duel. And that duel was visually stunning. It was also quite impressive for the clothes to change on the spot and gain that emblem.

The Gundam has a feminine looking face, and it has impressive capabilities. As with many series, the non-Gundam side are impressed to see a Gundam in action. Definitely excited for this series.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote