View Single Post
Old 2022-10-02, 13:59   Link #31
kuroyanagi

Ah, this was good. Loved the fight - the way the funnels moved was mesmerizing. I did find it funny how the bully charged at the Aerial with a sword, only to be owned by a ranged weapon.
Also, either the Aerial can't do attitude control via reverse trust or Miorine didn't know how to use it, hence why the Aerial toppled over. I found that a nice detail.

Everyone is already noticing the Utena angle, but the boardroom intrigue on the adult side that has been hinted so far also seems quite interesting. What I've gathered from the assassination attempt scene is that whoever becomes Miorine's fiance also is next in line to control the Beneritt group, which is why the Jeturk CEO was trying to off Delling post-haste? Having your daughter married off to whoever kicks the most mobile suit is bonkers in a modern society, and giving control of a huge defense enterprise to that same person is beyond bonkers, so I hope there is a good explanation for this. Then again, Delling was shown to have some, er, particular ideas about the ethics of war and murder in the Prologue, so maybe he genuinely believes in hegemony of the strongest...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to how this show plays out. It doesn't seem very preoccupied with fitting in the Gundam mold so far, which is a good thing in my book.
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote