View Single Post
Old 2022-10-02, 10:09   Link #21
Frontier

Watching a Gundam premier with out-of-synch subs was...not as fun as I would have liked. It's like I was able to get the gist of the plot, but when the subs are running into the ED sequence, you know you screwed up .

Suletta is utterly adorable! Anxious, sweet, steadfast, loyal, and with a strong bond/pride in the Aerial! It really doesn't seem like she's attending this school for any kind of revenge plot beyond showing the GUND-Arm tech was valid and they shouldn't have done what they did to her family. Of course a chance meeting will bring her closer to the man who ordered their deaths sooner than later .

Suletta and Miorine definitely seem to be the central relationship of the show and the Yuri vibes to their relationship can't be denied, especially when Suletta ends up being her new fiance and probable excuse to ward off any other suitors at the end. I don't expect them to concretely do anything with it, but they'll probably mine the undertones for all their worth .

I see they'll use CG for at least a few MS scenes even if it's still traditionally animated 90% of the time. I can live with that .

It's neat that the uniforms are pretty gender-neutral, since both the guys and girls wear shorts instead of the girls wearing skirts, although obviously some of the girls customize their uniforms to be more feminine and some have their shorts...really short .

So instead of a war setting we've got corporate wars and high school duels in an MS high school. I wonder if we'll see a transition to a traditional Gundam conflict...

Miorine seems to be a headstrong, cool, beauty with her own problems but is more caring than she appears (tsundere love interest here we come!). She grew up on Earth and has an agricultural bent from her mother, but her mothers' death and her father being, well, her father has left her feeling cold and used up. I'm eager to see her open up more to Suletta .

Our first slap! And it's a butt slap by our female lead! Priceless .

I see old age hasn't made Rembrant any less cold and ruthless .

I didn't expect Miorine to pilot the Aerial first, but it makes sense she'd want to settle a duel involving her by herself instead of involving someone else...it's just she's not really an MS pilot and doesn't know to use the Aerial, so she falls on her butt in expected fashion .

But luckily with the help of best gal Nika Suletta arrives to the save the day and deliver a satisfying defeat to Guel! But now some have realized she's piloting a Gundam .

Was that the actual ED? It's got some very nice illustrations of Suletta and her life, revolving around the Aerial and all the various places she's been/will be .