View Single Post
Old 2022-08-06, 07:01   Link #39
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Consider this thread, where the thread-starter is accusing people of "blatantly lying" about the content of shows. That's a harsh accusation, and it's because to the thread-starter these questions are more broad and "black-and-white." But it's not accepting of the fact that, to fans of the genre, there's a lot more nuance to how they apply the descriptions and labels to distinguish works from one another.
I think a problem that you're overlooking here is that fandoms can be myopic and subject to a lot of groupthink where its decided that a work is "better" than its genre (harem, power fantasy, etc.) or maybe even more often its demographic (its dark so it can't be shonen!) even if that opinion is outside what the general anime community thinks. And I still think its on the more "knowledgeable" party to not take someone else's opinion personally, because once a stupid argument breaks out other people tune out. Case in point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I really wanted to discuss other related things in this topic but looks like you are to engaged in this dicussion about harems definition. So I will not interfere further.
So I'm still of the opinion that a recommendation thread is not the place for someone's "perspective" no matter what the circumstances, and no one really owes anyone anything for a recommendation to begin with.