View Single Post
Old 2022-08-05, 21:27   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Walls of text clearly isn't helping me understand so give me an concise example of how you would tell someone "this is more harem (or power fantasy, magical girl, mecha, borderline H, whatever) than I'm looking for" or "this is a harem (etc.) to me" to a suggestion that just doesn't click for you.

I don't ask for many recommendations but I did ask on the VN subreddit last year and ended up getting sucked into a conversation about Denpa.
Basically what you said, "This feels too much like OP/harem/magical girl/mecha to me" or possibly "when I said (insert item here) what I meant was..." followed by a more concise explanation. Simple, straight to the point. At most, as my slight alteration shows, I'd make it more my opinion. But then, that's not a matter of "here" but rather just something I typically try to do in general, as I've been part of some seriously messed up arguments in the past in part, I think, due to coming across as saying things as absolute and making it sound like people who disagreed with me were clearly morons to not realize. I might be far off on that, but still it's resulted in me at least wanting to emphasize that my views are my views and not necessarily any more valid than others'.

Also, sorry for the walls of text. I just noticed years ago that people had even more trouble understanding me when I didn't get everything out, and I'm just naturally verbose in general. I know even with this I'm often confusing, maybe even more so since my meaning can get lost in repetitions and excessive content, but as I said being concise and clear has never been a forte for me.