View Single Post
Old 2022-08-05, 12:52   Link #8
BPD Renegade

RIP RightStuf. It'll be left alone in the beginning, but once they need to recoup expenses, it will only take one analyst with an exec's ear mentioning the costs that can be saved by cutting back on the amount of packaging, staff, etc. to start bringing everything down and becoming as terrible as Amazon. If I start getting books with bent corners, scratched covers, and mysterious gunk on them, without a replacement retailer, I'll probably stop buying manga altogether.

What a time to be behind the scenes in the industry though. A while back, I had considered a move to a Sony/Funimation analytics division, but decided a healthy separation between work and hobby was best. As a fan, I abhor what's happening, but as a corporate minion, how interesting it would be now to be able to crunch through all the data from these moves -- granted, if not siloed and jealously guarded by each brand.

Quote:
Will The RightStufAnime Website Address Change?
Branding changes have not been determined at this time. No need to update any bookmarks!
Quote:
Will Crunchyroll Subscribers Get Any Discount On Right Stuf?
Not yet but we are designing lots of new Crunchyroll subscriber benefits that will include Right Stuf! Be sure to sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates.
Source

We're probably looking at another subscription tier or price increase to current tiers with the added benefit of store discounts, etc.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote