View Single Post
Old 2022-08-05, 08:47   Link #7
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I'd heard about changes to Canada shipping but they also changed their policy as far as shipping partial orders within the US -- I've had an order I placed in February completely stalled entirely over one or two out of stock books even while they shipped me a single book from a previous order. Under their old system they'd ship at 50% and combine orders into one shipment when possible.

And J-List is probably better for 18+ but RightStuf was better overall as a one stop shop, and having everything on one store made it easier to reach their free shipping thresholds. I only really bought a handful of 18+ products from them but I dislike the move on principle.

Anyway from what I've seen on Reddit and elsewhere no one seems happy with this buyout, and I'm not sure who its supposed to benefit aside from Sony's bottom line. Crunchyroll has a terrible history of physical releases of their own original anime as well (like A Place Further Than the Universe) which seems like a higher priority than buying a storefront but I guess not.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote