View Single Post
Old 2022-08-04, 13:17   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I really wanted to discuss other related things in this topic but looks like you are to engaged in this dicussion about harems definition. So I will not interfere further.
Sorry, that's just sort of how it ended up, but other subjects fit just as well so feel free. Might help us get out of some of the crap we've been building up. I've certainly seen other such things. I've had several occasions where I'd ask for something and, upon looking at what people suggested, questioned both my own communication skills (or lack thereof) and their sanity. I've also seen both sides of "negative" claims about works. People can be very defensive about series they like, and very offensive about things they don't like. Heck, a manga series I made a thread about a while ago, Chisa X Pon, lots its translators and went through literally years of everyone hating and ignoring it due in large part to the fact that a certain portion of the people who claimed to have read it insisted it was NTR. And seriously, don't even think of looking back over past content in the Kaguya-sama manga thread. People can be very insistent about their take on things, good and bad.

And either way, one thing I myself learned in the recommendation section here is to be as specific possible and also become closely acquainted with the phrase "that's not quite what I was looking for". Even if it fits only one single thing, and that one only in their own mind, people will suggest stuff that leaves you wondering what they're on.