View Single Post
Old 2022-08-04, 07:34   Link #24
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
No, I never suggested that Question was "in the wrong", just that maybe the others weren't so malicious as suggested by claims of "blatant lies" and "attacks", but really did intend to give something appropriate to Question's request. I just figured it might have gone better approaching with a gentle "not quite what I was looking for" rather than opening with accusations of blatantly lying and then getting surprised when they respond in kind.
On one hand you're defending arguments based on "perspective" yet you're telling the OP to basically 'tone it down' -- if you don't want to acknowledge your bias that's your prerogative but where bias is concerned I'm not personally interested in taking a "gentle" approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Its more like :

Me : You said this doesnt have a harem, so why does the MC get a party full of hot girls in the first 3 chapters and the story is about adding more hot girls to the party?

Them : You must be blind, this isnt a harem series at all!
I've triggered at least a few people by calling Oregairu, Rental Girlfriend and similar series "harems" -- people can get pretty defensive about their favorites, and a lot of people make recommendations in the first place to push their favorites. Its really not worth engaging, just ask in more places and do your own research.