View Single Post
Old 2022-08-04, 07:11   Link #1
Question
Crossdresser

How do you feel about the way things like rape, torture and slavery are justified?

One thing ive noticed is that in most anime/manga where their MC commits rape, torture, slavery, etc, the author will go to great lengths to justify it.

Its just really blatant and low effort. The usual method is to make the victims "bad guys". MC raped some girls? Well, its okay, because the girls were evil, look at the evil facial expressions they made in the previous chapter while ordering the deaths of innocent civilians!

I mean, OK, you want to have the MC do fucked up things...so have him do it? When the author starts resorting to mental gymnastics to justify their MC doing fucked up things, i just cant take it seriously anymore.

Every, single, time. The victims are always some convenient "mwahahha i am so evil!!!" person who makes the most ridiculous facial expressions. You know how Rita from Power Rangers does that ridiculous laugh? This is way worse.

Its the same thing every single time. I can even predict it coming from a mile away. MC is an evil mage that wants to take over a kingdom? Well, the MC is super good at ruling the kingdom, orders his subourdinates not to kill innocents AND the kingdom was corrupt and oppressing its citizens anyway...so the MC was actually a good guy all along!

MC enslaved a girl? Oh, but slavery in this world is actually a good thing, and the MC is a pure and innocent guy who would never abuse his slaves!

MC raped a girl? Well, she was evil and betrayed the MC, so its okay!

MC kept someone alive for years to torture them? But they were evil, so no big deal!

I just cant take a series seriously anymore when the author starts making lame excuses like this. "oh the MC did X...but its conveniently okay because of Y...".

Last edited by Question; 2022-08-04 at 22:58.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote