View Single Post
Old 2022-08-04, 00:18   Link #22
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I mean every post you've made on the topic assumes the OP is the one in the wrong and the people recommending him trash are making good faith arguments based on "perspective". It seems like you have someone in mind (maybe yourself?) who you're defending here, I'm just curious to know more.Yup.

I used to hang out at places like r/animesuggest from time to time and seen people both suck at recommendations and be weirdly belligerent about genre. And being specific can help but I've seen a lot of people look for manga that just doesn't exist.

I give a lot of recs but when I'm looking for something I'm partial to searching tags on places like MAL, Anime-Planet, vndb, Dex, etc.
No, I never suggested that Question was "in the wrong", just that maybe the others weren't so malicious as suggested by claims of "blatant lies" and "attacks", but really did intend to give something appropriate to Question's request. I just figured it might have gone better approaching with a gentle "not quite what I was looking for" rather than opening with accusations of blatantly lying and then getting surprised when they respond in kind.

And no, I'm not talking about my, I'm talking about the crap I've seen repeatedly. I try not to go throwing accusations of deceit and ignorance at people, even if they throw them at me; however, I've seen it a lot over the years. That said, I do know that there are people who won't listen. I've dealt with one or two people who respond to any statement I make, no matter how simple, by accusing me of lying, all kinds of villainy, ignorance, and more. Not to mention doing a lot of the things they accuse me of doing, saying I'm twisting their words while misrepresenting my own statements, sometimes to the point of direct contradiction of everything I said. I'd still recommend attempts at kindness though, even if it can be hard, as things would get far worse otherwise. It doesn't matter who's "in the wrong", chances are both sides meant well.

Of course, I can't deny that some just want to troll, and if the character was indeed given superpowers from the start and never faced enemies that challenged him, while at the same time being surrounded by women that want to do him, then I certainly can't deny the possibility. This's why I asked for examples. If I asked for a peaceful story without anything disturbing and they offered me something with some disturbing material, I'd say I found some things a little disturbing, but if they suggested End of Evangelion I'd probably start listing orifices into which they could shove their suggestion. I actually think that happened once on one of my recommendation requests.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2022-08-04 at 00:33.