View Single Post
Old 2022-08-03, 22:45   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't help but find it amusing that I'm being accused of making up recommenders who don't agree with you on what constitutes an OP or Harem story in a thread asking why so many recommenders respond to "give me a non-OP non-harem hero" with guys that easily outperform everyone, beat bad guy after bad guy and gain a rapidly-growing crowd of women begging for his hand.
I mean every post you've made on the topic assumes the OP is the one in the wrong and the people recommending him trash are making good faith arguments based on "perspective". It seems like you have someone in mind (maybe yourself?) who you're defending here, I'm just curious to know more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
I mean if you use "perspective" as an argument then you can justify anything. For example, someone could say that "LOTR isnt an adventure story, its a homo erotic story and the sword fight scenes are clearly analogies for sex. why? because from my perspective it is".
Yup.

I used to hang out at places like r/animesuggest from time to time and seen people both suck at recommendations and be weirdly belligerent about genre. And being specific can help but I've seen a lot of people look for manga that just doesn't exist.

I give a lot of recs but when I'm looking for something I'm partial to searching tags on places like MAL, Anime-Planet, vndb, Dex, etc.