View Single Post
Old 2022-08-03, 20:58   Link #20
Question
Crossdresser

I mean if you use "perspective" as an argument then you can justify anything. For example, someone could say that "LOTR isnt an adventure story, its a homo erotic story and the sword fight scenes are clearly analogies for sex. why? because from my perspective it is".

If in the first three chapters the MC gets a cheat that makes him one of the, if not THE strongest people in the setting, and someone tells me "no no, the MC isnt OP at all", im going to have to call BS on that. I dont care if some background character is referenced in the LN 5 volumes later as being stronger, it doesnt change how OP the MC is.

Its not like a battle shounen situation, where luffy may be strong but he is constantly fighting enemies stronger than himself and then powering up. The MC in these stories don't do that (because its not a battle shounen), they fight enemies weaker than themselves 95% of the time so that the author can do the usual "impossible...!!!! how could you be so strong??? BLARGH im dead" scenes over and over.

I mean, look at the level 9999 gacha series, the MC is level 9999, his harem is level 9999, and he's fighting enemies that are level 3000 or below and they cant even scratch the MC and his harem. How is he not OP?

And the fact that these guys can never bring up any real counter arguments and just resort to spamming personal attacks is also a dead give away that theres something wrong here. A normal discussion would be something like :

Me : I think this character is OP

They : I dont think they are, and this is why...

The actual "discussion" is :

Me
: i think this character is OP

They : omg stop lying!!! are you blind or something??? the MC isnt OP at all!!! Downvote, DOWNVOTE!!!

They clearly have no interest in actually discussing it when someone points out they are wrong, clearly, discussion isnt their actual goal here. Maybe they just want to troll?