View Single Post
Old 2022-08-03, 20:38   Link #19
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
How is it your hypothetical recommender seems to be completely outside the anime/manga community? I'm not sure what you're picturing but the people giving recommendations tend to be genre savvy.I do agree with recommendations that come with a disclaimer like this.

Some of the crowd on Reddit can get a bit self important when it comes to recommendations, though the flowcharts they do on r/anime are pretty entertaining. I don't really do recommendations anymore unless people are looking for something specific like a yuri eroge with a yandere love interest or something.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but find it amusing that I'm being accused of making up recommenders who don't agree with you on what constitutes an OP or Harem story in a thread asking why so many recommenders respond to "give me a non-OP non-harem hero" with guys that easily outperform everyone, beat bad guy after bad guy and gain a rapidly-growing crowd of women begging for his hand.

And honestly, I generally don't even make requests unless they're specific enough that I couldn't find them on my own (for instance, stories with an older brother and younger sister with bad blood who manage to patch things up without romance). And to Question, again, I'd recommend a more precise request that specifies what you're good and bad with.