View Single Post
Old 2022-08-01, 13:36   Link #1
Question
Crossdresser

Why do some manga fans blatantly lie about what is in a manga?

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this...

Here's an example : I ask whether a particular series is a harem series. People tell me its not. I look at the first few chapters and the MC instantly gets a party full of scantily clad hot girls who are all fawning over him.

When i go back to the original people and say "hey, you said this series isnt a harem, but it has all these hot girls fawning over the MC in the first few chapters, whats up with that?", they get upset and start attacking me, saying things like "you must be blind", "stop lying!" or they just move goal posts with "stop complaining, if you dont like it, dont read it!!!".

Another common example is when people tell me that "the MC isn't OP at all", and then in the first three chapters, he gets a "cheat" which instantly makes him stronger than veteran adventurers. Same thing happens when I point out that the MC is OP...I get attacked.

Sometimes i get weird responses like "oh the MC isnt OP because...God (or some other background charater) in the setting is much stronger than him" or "its not a harem because the MC doesn't have sex with the girls". It's like they are doing mental gymnastics or something.

This happens with random people on manga sites, its not like the same 3 guys that I know IRL or anything like that. I just dont get why these people do this? Its not like they are making money by selling the manga, they have no incentive to lie about a manga's content...