View Single Post
Old 2022-08-01, 01:21   Link #17
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
*wobbles in snot nosed crying* I did it guys! It took me a week and a half, but I caught up on the whole show. *falls over*
*coughs* Ahem, but in all seriousness I tried watching the show back in 2012 or 2013, and couldn't get past the clunky CGI, and it weirdly switching to 2D at times, which is saying a lot for me as I rarely complain about CGI.

I'd heard the animation got better after a while, but just never got back around to watching the show.

And then I got sick about two weeks ago which gave me ample time to do nothing but rest and watch TV, and with CR constantly recommending Kingdom I decided to finally try again. Thank the heavens I did, because the shows been a blast. There were a few times when my eyes would glaze over or my mind would wander when a fight felt like it was dragging. I'm generally not a big fan of long drawn out one on one battles. But, the show would always pick back up. And it's had some great moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I was "spoiled" in that I knew Cheng Jiao's fate historically. But that didn't really lessen the impact, because Kingdom can send off characters with the best of them. And Cheng Jiao had one of the most interesting arcs in the series - he might have changed more than anybody.
Man, no kidding, over a week ago I was hoping someone would snuff the snot nosed brat. Yesterday, I was like "Noooooooo, I was starting to like the little brat with his sort of adorable scowling face."

The complaint about Wang Ben only surviving by plot armor and rule of cool, I honestly feel you could say the say the same thing about Xin and some other characters. How many times did Xin best guys twice his size, with better equipment, and more experience? While fighting with no armor and in sandals? He must have been wearing sandals made by 2000's era Nokia. The most durable pair of sandals I've ever seen.

Is there an episode count for this season? The first two had 38, but last season was only 26.