View Single Post
Old 2022-07-19, 08:04   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Random C was really big for a long time. That and Star Crossed were my gateway anime sites. I was one of the first people Divine brought in to help out at RC and I can tell you it's still quite popular, though anime blogs generally don't have the traffic they did five or ten years ago. It's a sideline for me (LiA is very much my main gig) but I enjoy being a part of a site with so much history.

As for BtNR, I confess I never really read it at any point in my anime journey. Was it really that popular? I would concur generally with the idea that subsisting on snark is not tenable in the long-term in this field, though obviously I have my own issues with certain genres in anime. For the most part I just don't write about those shows - it's not edifying to mock them for the sake of mocking them and people can like what they want. The toughest part for me is that those genres (primarily CGDCT - an acronym I coined, AFAIK - and isekai) have become so dominant now that the medium as a whole is much less diverse.