View Single Post
Old 2022-07-09, 12:12   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay, I'll be cautiously optimistic and ignore all the merchandising poses & shouts, but you still need to meet me halfway through with good writing & characters, Decker.
Well, what do you know, they actually answered my hopes. This Decker's premiere easily surpassed Dyna & Trigger's premieres.

We have a solid world & premise + a traditional kindhearted Japanese MC that's not cringy AF like Kengo. In fact, Kanata Asumi reminds me of Kotaro Higashi (Ultraman Taro) when it comes to personality which I always found energetic & infectious.

The visual FX is great as usual (sasuga Tsuburaya). But unlike Trigger, the VFX in this episode was backed by good story & characters so it's much more pleasant to experience. Not even ILM-level of VFX will make me enjoy Trigger and ignore its cringiness. And speaking of VFX, I really hope Toei can keep up with Tsuburaya coz their Rider & Sentai shows still can't keep up with the Ultras. Let's see what Anno can do to boost their FX department.

All in all, I really hope Decker doesn't drop the ball from here on out. It already has such a low bar to jump over (Dyna & Trigger). Once you surpass them, aim higher to be the best of the NexGen Ultra!