View Single Post
Old 2022-04-20, 18:54   Link #84
Twi

....I did not need that imagery. Not that I think you're wrong. But still.

I'm clearly not a fan of the whole series, but I think the author tries to justify it because of the slave shield's bonuses to growth. Mind you, I've already gone on about how if Naofumi ever inverted he would immediately be able to strip them of their rights and they couldn't do a thing about it, but I think the point is that she doesn't have self-respect due to her personality. If she had a strong force of will then she wouldn't have tried killing herself after getting the boot.

Like, I don't respect it, but I could see her basically being desperate enough that she was willing to take a gamble since the alternative was her killing herself. If it doesn't work out... well, she can just try to finish herself off again. So for her there was nothing left to lose by becoming his slave and everything to gain.

And from an unbiased narrative point, her growth will be her eventually gaining a spine for Itsuki's sake.I mean, when you start from the bottom you can only go up, so again I can see why its an approach to take and why Naofumi would be the one best suited to help her. If not for the Slave system, it wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Twi; 2022-04-20 at 19:27.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote