View Single Post
Old 2022-04-08, 08:57   Link #52
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The penguin suit was a drop from the Cal Mira islands. It’s actually strong armor that is ridiculous in concept so no one but Rishia wears it.
They sort of truncated her backstory since she was introduced at the end of S1 but since Itsuki's party put her in one she has a thing for outfits like that because she's so shy and fweh; she wore a squirrel costume regularly with Itsuki's group that they didn't let her keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Either way, my point was that it felt to me more like these guys were made to make fun of heroic tropes than to make Naofumi look like a saint in comparison. It's just that too much focus was put on showing how bad these traits are when taken too far and too little was given to show that it can be good when done right and in moderation.
I think you're reading too much into it but the series definitely wants to show Naofumi as the antihero/underdog and the heroes as victims of their own hubris. I figure they'll be redeemed eventually though I'd imagine competent is the best we can hope for; cooperative seems a bridge too far. They're supposed to be in different countries anyway which would probably help their relationships.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote