View Single Post
Old 2022-04-07, 12:25   Link #41
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I’ve said it before, but I don’t think the intent was to make him look good by comparison, but rather to note the problems with certain types of “hero” (both LN heroes and gameplay styles). One’s a loner who focuses on power, one is always just even when he doesn’t bother to think things through, and one only cares about making any woman near him happy. These all have connections to common heroic tropes, and we’re shown how bad they can be.
If that was the objective I feel that the point would have come across better if they weren't also completely incompetent.

We've already witnessed a situation where basically they couldn't even deal a single damage to the main enemy, and thus we witnessed Naofumi singlehandedly defeating her while everyone else just stood there and watched barely giving their contribution by killing random monsters.

The hero that "only focuses on power" certainly has his own faults, but being completing helpless shouldn't be one.

In the end it really does feel like the other heroes only exist to make Naofumi look better in comparison, and it's been jarring for a long while now.

I can only hope that this is meant to be a build up for the moment when they finally become an effective squad, but so far it really does feel like the story is focused only Naofumi and his personal party and how they are the only ones who can truly make a difference in this multidimensional battle.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote