View Single Post
Old 2022-04-06, 10:43   Link #2
Frontier

Naofumi's really settled into his new role of running Raphtalia's village and taking care of everyone there while he prepares for the next Wave...although who is that pink-haired knight lady? She looks cool .

So I see Rishia is now using the penguin costume to train and master her chi manipulation, partially because she feels too embarrassed to be seen in front of people. I mean, I think it fits her, but it's kind of sad too .

So not only does this world have to worry about the Waves, but apparently a natural disaster called the Spirit Tortoise appears, stops the countdown of the Wave for some reason, and unleashes a horde of monster familiars to attack everything. Like Naofumi didn't have enough problems .

Well, no surprise the queen would try to enlist the Four Heroes' help...but the three stooges can't even be bothered. They feel like they're only there to fight the Waves, and nothing else. Some heroes. I mean, maybe they're trying to get a jump on fighting it before Naofumi does, but I can see these three being self-absorbed enough to genuinely not care .

At least the queen knows she can count on Naofumi, especially when his village is in the path of the Spirit Tortoise for extra motivation, and Melty is doing great work in the village .

Bitch really thought Motoyasu could help make her a princess again? Will Motoyasu ever get a clue that she's still manipulating him? Probably not .

Well, at least Itsuki cared enough to ask Rishia how she was doing and if she'd talked to her parents...even though he's still fairly cold and standoffish around her, although at least he told his party member to stop berating her, not that it helped much. Poor girl .

I was wondering how Raphtalia planned to fix Rishia's self-confidence issue...I guess I shouldn't be surprised it involved making her a slave. Like, can we really stop coming back to that guy? Is making Naofumi's entire party slaves really always the answer? Naofumi doesn't even want to do it anymore, but Rishia's so desperate to get more powerful that she just goes along with it. I did think it was kind of funny how Raphtalia seemed like she was about to strip Rishia's clothes off to put the slave mark on .

Party traveling montage! And Rishia really using the penguin costume to advertise Naofumi's wares .

Filo communicating with Fitoria through her ahoge is...perfect .

Well, Fitoria's still ticked that Naofumi and the other Heroes aren't getting along, but it's really not Naofumi's fault at this point. Although it seems like it's going to come to a head with the Spirit Tortoise, so I wonder what's going on ?

Was that guy in the cloak talking about the Heroes being dead Ryohei Kimura? Judging by his placement in the Opening, I'm guessing he's the main villain .

A swarm of monsters attack some fleeing refugees giving Naofumi the perfect opportunity to let loose his Wrath Shield, and also underscores just how important it is that they stop the Spirit Tortoise so it doesn't keep sending these monsters out .

I was not expecting this episode to end on Kana Hanazawa asking the Shield Hero to kill her, but that's a pretty solid cliffhanger .

Wouldn't be Shield Hero without a MADKID Opening! And we've got Naofumi and his party fighting the monsters, characters new and old, and even the Heroes from the other world...are they going to join up to fight the Spirit Tortoise ?