View Single Post
Old 2022-04-02, 04:26   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
"Competent" is relative, in my case I mean not getting shot down every other time and those are rare. . IBO did good job with Turbines and I think Marida of Unicorn wasn't bad either (though not like it helped her, so maybe not), Even Roux who is one of better seriously underperformed. On enemy side it doesn't even matter how "competent" they are technicaly as they get mowed by OP gundams anyway.
Female pilots getting overshadowed/defeated by the lead-character Gundams doesn't mean they are incompetent. It's the opposite. They are so competent that they can only be surpassed by the MC power or the plot requiring them to take a back seat.

Don't confuse character competence with plot hurdles.

For example, Lady Une can easily own any lead male pilots from Gundam Wing if she pilots an equally-strong Gundam (heck, she taught Wu Fei a lesson using only a Leo). But....
Spoiler for Gundam Wing plot:
That doesn't mean Lady Une is incompetent. It's the opposite. She was extremely competent in 90% of her screentime to the point where the plot needs to bench her or else she'd kick the lead-boyband's asses.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^ One of the best headshots in Gundam franchise btw.