View Single Post
Old 2022-04-02, 01:05   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think anyone would think so. Anti-woke crowd worship anime to point it's ridiculous. If anything there is about to be lot of talks how Japan show up western woke crowd how write actual strong female protagonist. Plus people who actually watch Gundam are probably happy we are getting competent female pilot. There is too few of them.
Percentage-wise, we have about equal competent female pilots in Gundam franchise. Like, if you count all male characters & all female characters and then pick the competent pilots ones you'll get roughly the same percentage between male & female pilots (maybe even higher competent female percentage). Even more so if you count competent female ship captains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am more worried about it being focused on younger audience. Main protagoinst looks pretty young and I really hope it will go more of Victory Gundam then AGE.
I want neither of those two. There are many other good Gundam titles to take inspirations from.

Victory's writing is downright over the top & absurd to the point where some named characters' deaths feel more ridiculous instead of sad. I have no problem with Victory's depressing vibe but the writing is definitely not something you want to replicate considering Tomino was at his peak depression & spite when he did that show.

AGE is, of course, bad but for generally different reasons from Victory. If Victory is overwhelming, AGE is underwhelming and downright boring, draggy & cringy at many parts