View Single Post
Old 2022-02-25, 22:52   Link #19
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
But hey, it's a lesson that you could be caught flaming your peers on 2ch and still remain prominent enough in the industry to get an anime adaption, as long as you continue writing.
Are you saying that the author of Spice and Wolf was "caught flaming" his peers on 2ch? What happened there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll just presume she's coming back until something different is announced. Otherwise it takes the pure hype out of this announcement. Plus new agency or not I'm sure she likes getting work . Recasting does happen. But honestly those examples seem like an extreme outliers. There were a lot of issues connected to the D.Gray-Man change of almost everything (animation studio, character designs, voice actors, etc).
What were the issues that happened to the new D.Gray-Man season anyway?

Sure, Koshimizu almost certainly likes getting work. But clearly she started an independent agency for a reason. It could be that she's trying to secure better working conditions and compensation contracts for herself and anyone willing to sign onto her new agency, which has historically been something that Japanese corporate types have frowned on (why else do you think that there hasn't been a history of unionization in Japan, the very country that invented a word for "death by overwork," that being karoshi?).

Recasting Koshimizu and Fukuyama would indeed kill the hype the fanbase has built over this announcement of S&W's new season. But those examples may be less extreme than you think. Muv-Luv Alternative, a well-loved story in its day that supposedly even inspired the author of Attack on Titan to write his magnum opus, entirely ditched its original voice talent in favour of an all-new cast for an anime adaptation that has been widely considered to be botched at the very least, with the word being that they may have switched to the all-new cast to avoid paying so much to the original cast of whom not a few have become well-respected veterans in the seiyuu industry. If the people in charge can do that to MLA, who's to say it can't be done to S&W?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
They may not bring everyone back. Which is definitely not a big deal with how the story tends to leave the supporting cast behind as the journey continues. But I've seen way too many sequels and remakes pick up the original main cast to worry about it at this stage.
Maybe I've seen too many sequels and remakes not have the original main cast reprise their roles to be as confident as you are. But the only thing we can do is wait to find out.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote