View Single Post
Old 2022-02-25, 14:03   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised by this news too, but Koshimizu Ami as Horo may not be guaranteed. According to this Japanese tweet, Koshimizu Ami started her own agency, which may snarl the possibility of her returning as Horo if her new self-started agency means she asks for too much money to portray Horo again.

Can anyone here translate this tweet from Koshimizu Ami? I'd very much like for her to reprise this iconic role of hers, but if there's one thing I've learned about the Japanese seiyuu industry, it's that the seiyuu are ultimately replaceable. Look at how they replaced the entire Japanese voice cast when it came time for D. Gray man's new anime season, or how none of the original version's Japanese voice cast were invited back when it came time to remake Fruits Basket. It's like the original voice actors were just obsolete trash to be tossed out in favour of "fresh meat."

And why did they have to wait so long to make a new season of Spice and Wolf anyway?
I do not need to remember the trauma of the absolute recasting of D.Gray-Man. Did anyone come back for that at all?

I'll just presume she's coming back until something different is announced. Otherwise it takes the pure hype out of this announcement. Plus new agency or not I'm sure she likes getting work . Recasting does happen. But honestly those examples seem like an extreme outliers. There were a lot of issues connected to the D.Gray-Man change of almost everything (animation studio, character designs, voice actors, etc).

They may not bring everyone back. Which is definitely not a big deal with how the story tends to leave the supporting cast behind as the journey continues. But I've seen way too many sequels and remakes pick up the original main cast to worry about it at this stage.