View Single Post
Old 2022-02-24, 18:30   Link #95
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Okay, I was wrong. I didn't expect that Putin would actually start a war.
And it's not like it is a desperate move that someone makes when he is cornered.
Clearly, Putin has planned this for months (if not years), after that he gave the West an ultimatum and then executed his plan immediately once his demand is rejected.

What is equally surprising is, despite their loud mouths in the last few months, the West has no preparation whatsoever for this. Seriously, their responses are completely pathetic.
It's almost as if they, just like me, didn't actually believe that Putin would attack, despite hyping up an imminent invasion the whole time.
If they were indeed certain that war was coming, then their actions genuinely confuse me.
When someone gives you an ultimatum, you either give in or prepare for war. There is no other option. The West did neither, and this is what they get.

It's so abundantly clear now that the US is only capable of bullying countries much smaller than them.
They will never go head-to-head with Russia or China (while at the same time, doing their best to antagonize both, seriously who is the genius thinking that it is a good idea?)
Maybe it's time for Taiwan to rethink their strategy. The US is useless.

The world's reaction of this invasion is also interesting. And I am talking about non-West countries here (let me remind you, they, not the West, are 80 ~ 90% of humanity)
China is clearly supporting Russia. Putin would have not carried out this plan if he hadn't been sure that China would not hinder him.
India is indifferent.
Pakistan's Prime Minister is at Moscow right now, being buddy-buddy with Putin.
Brazil's Bolsonaro was just buddy-buddy with Putin last week, and is silent right now.
Even Israel, close ally of the US, and Turkey, a NATO member, did nothing but paying lip service to Ukraine.
Smaller countries obviously didn't give a fuck. After all, Ukraine's well-being doesn't rank very high in their list of priorities.
The old world order is crumbling. This is the beginning of the end of Pax Americana.