View Single Post
Old 2022-02-22, 18:18   Link #67
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Russian Forces Are Now Authorized To Use Force In Ukraine
https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...ac9793ad9022a6

The East-West faceoff over Ukraine escalated dramatically Tuesday, with Russian lawmakers authorizing President Vladimir Putin to use military force outside his country and U.S. President Joe Biden and European leaders responding by slapping sanctions on Russian oligarchs and banks.

The devil is in the details, Moldova is also "outside his country" and there also are a separatist government that has been supported by putin for years. Also, let's not forget the Balkans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What are the odds, that if the West acts in the Urkraine, the China will use that as justification for actions in places of disputed ownership in their sphere of influence?
Depends on your definition. I don't see "the west" sending troops, but they will no doubt send intelligence, weapons and financial support. China has no one inside Taiwan that would receive such "foreign aid".

BTW, China recently supported Argentina's claim of sovereignty over the Falkland islands, now THAT is a similar scenario that mimic's China's claims.
--------------------
BTW, Syria now recognizes the Donbas breakaway republics, my bet is that also Venezuela, Nicaragua and Nauru (which recognize the Georgia breakaway republics) will in a few days. The real question is if China or countries in the CIS will recognize, otherwise I don't see any international support for putin's agenda, as in, there is no profit for other autocratic regimes to be made out of this mess.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote