View Single Post
Old 2022-02-12, 03:57   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Why no past AU even tried like this smh.'

AU shows were designed to last 1-3 years to lure new audiences & get new fans for Gundam franchise before the show's lore is getting too much to follow for the next batch of new audience. After one AU ended, Ban-rise simply make another AU to keep things fresh & attract more newcomers and so on.

They were doing relatively fine with AUs until Gundam X bombed, and Tomino's Turn-A didn't help either. They struck gold with SEED with its potential to replace UC. but then Bandai were rushing the sequel like crazy that it resulted in a LOT of problems and I bet such working condition only worsened Morosawa's health in the process. And I guess after the Destiny fiasco, Bandai didn't feel confident to continue the CE era anime TV show & movie without Fukuda & Morosawa (RIP). After Destiny fiasco, they became more careful in creating AU shows. They go back to the G Gundam era where they really entrusted the story to the visionary showrunners' without too much story-meddling & rushing from sponsors & executive. Following someone's vision can be tricky & risky but at least the story came purely from them from start to finish. Mizushima-Kuroda did great with Gundam 00, Yamaguchi-Hino did bad with AGE & Nagai-Okada did great with IBO.

Now I'm wondering who are the WFM's showrunners and what is their vision (if this is new AU).