Thread: Windows 11
View Single Post
Old 2022-01-25, 05:19   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
There's also the fact that machines without TPM 2.0 won't be able to utilise Windows 11. This limits a lot of the older hardware to Windows 10.
Yup, mine doesn't qualify for it, either, so W10 will stay on it for a lot longer.

Though...technically it should be possible to burn the bootable W11 image on a flash drive or DVD and install it on an upgrade-unqualified PC on boot, but, as expected, you'll be missing on a lot of W11 features (especially security-related) and you'll have little to no Windows Update support for hardware that MS has written off as too old.

Now, if PC parts weren't so god***n expensive nowadays I could have gone ahead with a total upgrade, but I am afraid it'll cost me twice to twice and half times more than what I paid for my previous custom rig.

For now W10 does the job flawlessly. Only when regular software (and I suspect games will be the first to do this) starts to roll out with the "requires W11" caution will I have to bite the bullet and scrounge up the money for a top-down new rig.