View Single Post
Old 2021-12-12, 04:28   Link #367
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
i feel that is not because issei has to due to status or a rule, but because issei himself lacks the spine to say no. its like when you are an adult and your mother says "come visit me" and you do, you are not forced to but you feel you are because its your mother
The master doesn't change just because you're independent, this is setup early in the story. Why is that so hard to accept that even independent Ise is still under Rias? Even Gasper and Xenovia is still under Rias. People use Tannin as an example to say Devil doesn't need to obey the King anymore after independent but then they don't point out that Mephisto doesn't participate himself in the Underworld issue anymore and just gave the Queen Piece to Tannin to help him.

Quote:
“Mephisto Pheles-sama is one of the oldest among the Devils, and he spends most of his time in the human world. Also, he happens to be Tannin-sama’s King.”

—! I got shocked upon hearing Rias’s words! Oh, so this person was old man Tannin’s King, who was a mystery till now!

[I gave my Queen piece to Tannin-kun. He came and said that he wanted to save the Dragon tribes which were almost near extinction. Yeah, he is the role model for all Dragon Kings. Well, I don’t participate in the game and involve myself in the Underworld’s riot, so I basically allow him to roam free.]
And even as a Low-class Devil, Rias doesn't really force her servants to do things they don't want, and they're all living quite freely unless if there's some situation that may affect like the Underworld. Like in V3, she ordered Kiba not to chase after the Excalibur because 1) This is the Church's issue and the Fallen Angle Cadre is involved, stepping in carelessly may cause another War between the 3 factions. 2) Kiba is clearly being consumed by his anger and hatred towards the Excalibur, he even lost his cool against Xenovia. What if Kiba in his anger did something irrational like killing Irina and Xenovia first? Or worst got himself killed by the Excalibur?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote