View Single Post
Old 2021-12-11, 23:27   Link #15
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
You are talking about the time Bush senior repelled the invasion of Kuwait by Saddam (which was a relatively short offensive which lasted a little over a month). I am talking about the Invasion of Iraq by the allied forces under the pretense of the existence of WMD.

It was in 2003 when the allied forced invaded Iraq, about three decades later than the Paris accords. The Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan was completed on February 15, 1989, so yeah, it has already been three decades since the Russian army has been part of a major offensive (which btw, they lost).
I wasn't sure if you were talking about the 1991 or 2003 war because you said "Back then it had been decades since the last big armed conflict the USA had fought" and the 1991 war was a far bigger conflict than the 2003 war.

Quote:
Just this morning I heard Putin is talking about Genocide in the Donbass region committed supposedly by Ukraine military forces, ahh, the smell of a lame excuse for war first thing in the morning.
He has another neighbor he can look at if he wants an actual example, but like you say it is just posturing on his part.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote