View Single Post
Old 2021-11-22, 16:55   Link #61
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Seriously, why, after Cosmos, Ultras aiming older audiences have to be specifically edgy like Nexus, Zero and Dark Trigger.
Tiga is fairly good with how adult act like adult there, then Dyna where suddenly its close to seinen territory with Shin resolve to never give up tested multiple times, even Gaia protecting earth theme is very relevant to current climate change issue. I wonder why they didn't want to approach that kind of writing anymore, 25 episode is enough if they willing to focus and ignore need to introduce guest Ultras (LOL).
I like Nexus very much and I don't consider it to be edgy. The message of the show is very typical. Believe in the light and never give up. Nexus is trying to tell a good, and long story back from the movie "Ultraman Next". But unfortunately, kids don't like it....either it was due to the boring battle background (it was needed in the show but it was also trying to save $ I assume XD), or it was because Nexus got beaten up so often early in the show (which I think Z and Trigger have corrected it. Z and to a larger degree, trigger, are more continuous and don't have many stand alone episode like, Tiga. But both Z and trigger make sure to let the ultraman use the finisher in every single episode, something that Nexus didn't do, and that might be the downfall )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote