View Single Post
Old 2021-11-11, 11:27   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece Live Action series [Netflix] (Season 2 confirmed)

Well, no point in delaying this any further, I suppose.... especially now that the main cast has been confirmed. So yeah, the title's pretty self-explanatory: OP is getting a live action adaption! Gonna reserve my judgment for now since the project is still in its early stages. At least we know Oda gave the show his blessing, so... I guess there's that? That being said, discuss away!

Images
main cast
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Oda's message

Edit: An addendum, courtesy of OH&S:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
As it hasn't been brought up, I would like to bring to attention the legendary Reverie stream from September 21, 2020 in which the top YouTube One Piece reviewers/reactors gathered together for a big One Piece discussion but then got a surprise visit by the writer of the One Piece live action series: Matt Owens.

In my opinion, this discussion/interview is essentially recommended viewing in order to get a more clearer grasp on what's going on behind the scenes of the live action series. Its very revealing of some of the considerations being made as well as the thought processes governing the writing.

Matt Owens comes on at 54:35 and leaves at 1:52:15 (but I think 1:53:37 is a good stopping point for the lolz).

YouTube

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-11-16 at 12:43.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote