View Single Post
Old 2021-09-29, 07:32   Link #22
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I just wish they release a HD blu-ray boxset with the complete original series. Last time I checked the hard part was recreating the CGI in high definition (it seems it was generated in SD, which at the time made sense since that was the resolutions of TV screens).
Apparently Amazon Prime has the "best" HD version of the show for now. The Opening sequences were re-rendered apparently and the show is presented in 4:3 unlike the DVD versions that got cropped 16:9. This is apparently the best you can get since re-compositing the shots where CGI and Live Action mix is not doable due to lack of clean sources for those.

I've been recently rewatching the show using that version and it does look pretty good. Pure live action scenes look great, pure CGI looks better than ever and it's only the composited scenes that look a bit blurry but not too bad. There are some extra spoilers in the openings though (mostly season 4 where the OP was meant to change halfway into the season and the new version just uses the same all the way through).