View Single Post
Old 2021-09-20, 20:13   Link #93
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Isamu, as well as Max & Milia were in the final battle during the events of Frontier 2nd movie. Unfortunately, the latter only appeared in the novels, thus why the lack of screen time.

- Tak
That would explain why I only remember Isamu appearing in the movie...

Sadly, I'm not gonna fall for any trolls from Kawamori because if one of the characters from SDF-1 show up as a pilot in the movie, I will simply sign off for his sheer lack of understanding of how time works, specifically if it's a human character. Because chronologically speaking, Delta is in 2067, SDF-1 ended in 2012, Plus in 2040, and 7 ran from 2045 to 2047 (including sequels here), and Frontier was in 2059. Logically speaking, the vast majority of specifically older and human characters in general from prior shows in the franchise are likely either dead or retired from service by now or, as we witnessed with Max, in a higher position of power.

And remembering all their ages during those shows, it's understandable to show Isamu appearing in Frontier's second movie since he was in his early 20s during Plus. Meaning he was in his early 30s at best during Frontier. However, by Frontier, Max was likely pushing his mid-60s, because he was around his late teens in SDF-1 back in 2012. So it's not likely either of these characters or any other human characters from SDF-1, Plus, or 7 would show up as pilots unless it was one of the teenagers from 7 in particular. It's more likely to predict they'll be shown in flashbacks regarding something happening in the current timeline.

The only characters most likely to show up to help in this movie are likely going to be from Frontier, if any. Because it's the most recent timeline which logically a set of pilots could come in and help.

At this point, if Kawamori is gonna bring people from earlier in the franchise back for a cameo on the battlefield, he best stop placing these shows so far apart chronologically.

(And yes, I deep-dived into the timeline earlier because I was thinking to myself, "how in the world would Max even be capable of piloting a Valkyrie at this point?" And I discovered it'd be impossible unless humanity discovered de-aging solutions...)
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote