View Single Post
Old 2021-07-30, 01:30   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There are people that love them? It certainly doesn't seem a common opinion here. Personally I smelled a trainwreck already by the time we saw Rena and K1 attacking each other, so I never really had high expectations.

I'm still dedicated to the franchise enough that I'm willing to go through this series, to see where it's going and what Ryuukishi has in mind for it, and anyway it's not like I think it's awful and unwatchable, just mediocre and not particularly inspired. Still a lot better than the abomination that was Higurashi Kira.
I have seen some positive reception to it in other places so I can agree with being surprised it has as much popularity as it has gotten. I think it started out with potential, but has been heading down trainwreck territory for a while. Just a bad idea that actively hurts the overall franchise rather than doing anything good for it. A reminder that sometimes the ending you get is better than a potentially bad sequel.

At this point I'm just following along to see how it turns out. Probably not a good idea since I'm bracing for a painful attempt to redeem Satoko. It was painful when they tried to garner sympathy for Takano originally. But that was a piece of cake compared to this. I don't think there's any way to do it well and I hope they don't try.