View Single Post
Old 2021-07-16, 07:44   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Except from Watadamashi Episode 7, the sword is already missing from the statue, so its already gone before Rika knows about its existence. Its the same in the manga version of events as well (Note: The manga makes a specific reference to the slot the sword goes into too).
Huh, that's weird. I doubt Eua is so kind as to tell Satoko about the sword so I really wonder what happened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But why? She has no reason to confront Mion anymore than she had a reason to confront Rena in the past arc (which in fact she didn't). Moreover shooting her designated culprit wouldn't really work well with her plan.

When Kanon asked before why would Satoko confront Mion like we know she did, my speculation was that Satoko did so because she needed to confirm that Rika was dead (since her body was hidden in watadamashi), but Satoko couldn't possibly have predicted something like that.
I'm pretty sure she really just wanted a weapon she can kill herself with without pain, and that your speculation regarding why she confronted Mion is correct. I'm not excepting any big surprises in this arc. We'll probably get some Mion/Shion switcheroo and that's it.

It doesn't seem like Tataridamashi will have a lot of surprises either. Satoko seems to have completely gotten over her trauma given how she can hang around Teppei just fine, so she probably pretended to be sick around Teppei and her now very doting uncle let her skip school. This also means she really deserves an Oscar for her performance when Keiichi patted her head.