View Single Post
Old 2021-07-08, 17:43   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Hathaway is so eager about continuing with, "Mafty is right after all!" when the driver said he's okay with Mafty killing corrupt officials but when the driver made point about "What's wrong living on earth; the wrong part is just the officials, living on earth is not that bad either" he pretty much unable to continue the conversation and sulk with brief moment of display showing the "Is Mafty the next Char Aznable".

For me that as good as Hathaway lose an argument in terms of scene delivery, especially when its done after how he's opt to "There's no other way, government is wrong" treatment to Gigi when she told him how she disagree with Mafty method; my favorite scene in this movie as rarely we saw touch of idealist (going to space) vs. realism (I'm old, have job, have family and friend here, the atmosphere is nice, why the hell someone like me need to go to space? Sounds like pain) which often ignored when it comes to this kind of talk.
I think Hathaway stopped arguing simply because he thought it won't go anywhere coz, like I said, they had different goals in their minds. And if we see the future UC up to Victory, we all know that Hathaway (and Char) was right that humanity will ruin the planet the longer they live on Earth.