View Single Post
Old 2021-07-08, 13:03   Link #78
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Debunked? Not really, just change of priority AFAIK as physical abuse became alternative to psychological abuse.
So actually there's nothing wrong with physical abuse to Gawman because you can interpret it under two understandings:

First, its following source material that way before psychological abuse became more reliable.
Second, investigation to Gawman is considered impractical by Kenneth for many reasons (e.g. incomplete information; efforts spent to made it effective likely not worth it, time constraint) so Kenneth is quick to resort to physical abuse; if we going to nitpick about moral standing, its just like what Obelisk said, Gawman is a terrorist and the one who made first move, so whatever Kenneth do is justified to prevent future casualties.

If Kenneth did it for fun, feel free to accuse him but you can see he's a responsible person, committed on finding Mafty ASAP as soon as he's in uniform, understand value of prisoner and happy to know he found bread crumbs to Mafty on Hathaway and Gigi. Still better than, "You can shot the hotel, its all good because politicians there will die; of course, as long Hathaway is not dead".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's not as much as "lose" but the two were talking about different goals. Hathaway was talking about the welfare of the planet going forward a thousand years or so while the taxi driver was talking about his everyday life. Furthermore, the driver actually likes it when Mafty is killing off corrupt Feddie officials. He only disagreed with migrating to space (most likely due to the questionable future of living as a spacenoid based on his argument).
Hathaway is so eager about continuing with, "Mafty is right after all!" when the driver said he's okay with Mafty killing corrupt officials but when the driver made point about "What's wrong living on earth; the wrong part is just the officials, living on earth is not that bad either" he pretty much unable to continue the conversation and sulk with brief moment of display showing the "Is Mafty the next Char Aznable".

For me that as good as Hathaway lose an argument in terms of scene delivery, especially when its done after how he's opt to "There's no other way, government is wrong" treatment to Gigi when she told him how she disagree with Mafty method; my favorite scene in this movie as rarely we saw touch of idealist (going to space) vs. realism (I'm old, have job, have family and friend here, the atmosphere is nice, why the hell someone like me need to go to space? Sounds like pain) which often ignored when it comes to this kind of talk.