View Single Post
Old 2021-07-07, 20:00   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There are people out there who are questioning the choice of the night setting for both MS battles. I'd say they both made sense & logically sound in-universe even if the latter battle is not easy for the eyes. The first battle in Davao functioned as a diversion so that Hathaway can easily sneak out at night. The second battle in the Halmahera's airspace also happened at night because it was originally a secret Gundam retrieval mission. So of course they did it using the cover of the night (too bad that it didn't help much, but at least they still got the Gundam, with Gawman as a bonus ). The best BD-rip that I have actually made the battle between Xi & Penelope looks clearer.
That's good to know that there's a higher quality version of that fight that actually shows off the Gundam's better .
Quote:
Clearly he's not an ultimate good guy, but I still like his character. There's a brutal honesty to him. He fancied Gigi and wanted to bang her & take good care of her, so he just said so. He beat the shit outta Gawman to get information makes perfect sense since Mafty is a terrorist organization and they're not in a war (it harkens back to the "America does not negotiate with terrorists"-thing). And him not being too much concerned about all the civillians lives lost during the terrorist attack is actually quite natural. I mean, we have a terrorist with MSs attacking buildings in the middle of a city without warning. Of course there will be citizens killed when the Feds are battling the Mafty MSs. And Kenneth telling Lane to "handle his mech" better is actually an indirect concern for public safety coz someone who can't handle his MS well will be a threat to the surrounding people (sometimes more than a seasoned terrorist).
Well, I don't think enhanced interrogation tactics (or outright hostage usage) is all that commendable, and I think it was deliberate that they showed the Federation forces going above what would be considered acceptable casualties in a war situation, at least in my opinion. I also don't think his criticism of Lane involved that at all, but I guess it could have.
Quote:
It's not as much as "lose" but the two were talking about different goals. Hathaway was talking about the welfare of the planet going forward a thousand years or so while the taxi driver was talking about his everyday life. Furthermore, the driver actually likes it when Mafty is killing off corrupt Feddie officials. He only disagreed with migrating to space (most likely due to the questionable future of living as a spacenoid based on his argument).

It's funny how Mafty & the Feds almost want the same basic thing: cleaning up Earth from the overgrown human population. But Feddie's goal is a lot more selfish, forceful & capitalistic while Mafty supposedly do not discriminate when it comes to people who must get out of Earth (pretty much everyone must go). At least Mafty don't plan to drop an asteroid on Earth (so far).
It's complicated reaching the common people .
Quote:
To be fair, there is no "right way" when it comes to usurping an organization as corrupt and as powerful as the EF. Any non-violent revolution would've been swept under the rug. See Unicorn's reveal of the UC Charter. As Narrative puts it, it caused tons of protests everywhere but they're not enough to overthrow the EF. There's no fixing such government. So yeah, anyone who wants to eliminate the EF must do so with force. And such force will of course result in innocent/civilian casualties like many other violent revolutions before it.
Well, accepting that sometimes force is required to make a positive change (which is pretty common in this franchise), I don't think they're going to really condone terrorism even if there will probably be plenty of ambiguity as to the righteousness of Mafty and what Hathaway is doing...and probably why he's doing it.

Oh man, he really is the next Char .